As a continuation of managing Groestlcoin wallet articles Send coins in Groestlcoin network from command line with Groestlcoin Core 25 in year 2023, Build and run the Groestlcoin Core 25.0 node with a graphical wallet and Generate a new Groestlcoin address (wallet) and list wallets and addresses using command line cli verson 25.0.0. This article will show how to transfer Groestlcoins with the official Groestlcoin Core desktop application and the look and feel of the wallet functionality of the Groestlcoin Core.
The basic topics to manage a Groestlcoin wallet with the official software (ALWAYS use only official software) are:
- Groestlcoin Core provides two key functionalities – become a Groestlcoin node, i.e. a part of the Groestlcoin network and the Groestlcoin wallet with command line interface and graphical user interface.
- Groestlcoin Core can generate and Groestlcoin address.
- a Groestlcoin wallet contains Groestlcoin addresses.
- the Groestlcoin Core has a wallet functionality application, but before using it the wallet needs to synchronize with the Groestlcoin network. So the Groestlcoin GUI application will start a Groeslcoin node and it will try synchronizing with the network.
- Groestlcoin Core includes groestlcoin-qt application, which offers the graphical user interface
- Using groestlcoin-qt is really simple to manage wallets, generate Groestlcoin addresses, and get information for the local Groestlcoin node, which is used by the wallet application.
Here are the steps needed to transfer funds under the Linux distro of Ubuntu securely, but this time from the Gnome. To be able to transfer money securely without any 3rd party involved (no online wallet or wallets, which is unclear which node they connect to) just funds from your personal Groestlcoin wallet address on your computer to another Groestlcoin wallet address it is needed a running Groestlcoin node using Groestlcoin Core graphical user interface:groestlcoin-qt – this application provides basic graphical user interface for managing the Groestlcoin wallets. After the Groestlcoin Core is build and installed (check this article – Build and run the Groestlcoin Core 25.0 node with a graphical wallet), start the /[user_home_directory]/groestlcoin-core/bin/groestlcoin-qt. Apparently, the Groestlcoin site offers a compiled version of Groestlcoin Core (with an installer for Windows, too), but be careful what you download and from where! The best way is to just follow our article to build it yourself under Ubuntu.
More on the Groestlcoin topic – https://ahelpme.com/tag/groestlcoin/.
SCREENSHOT 1) The loading screen at the start of groestlcoin-qt application.
It may take time to start because it is loading the local cached block index and if the node was fully synced lately, it may take a minute or two to load.
Keep on reading!